Sunday, 30 August 2015

The Prague Cemetery - Umberto ECO (book review)

Just finished this amazing book so now I need to write my review of it and hope you all will read it.

Buy the Book here


Story (From Amazon)


19th-century Europe—from Turin to Prague to Paris—abounds with the ghastly and the mysterious. Conspiracies rule history. Jesuits plot against Freemasons. Italian republicans strangle priests with their own intestines. French criminals plan bombings by day and celebrate Black Masses at night. Every nation has its own secret service, perpetrating forgeries, plots, and massacres. From the unification of Italy to the Paris Commune to the Dreyfus Affair to The Protocols of the Elders of Zion, Europe is in tumult and everyone needs a scapegoat. But what if, behind all of these conspiracies both real and imagined, lay one lone man? What if that evil genius created its most infamous document?


My Thought

I cant even know where I should start talking about this book. It is one of the greatest book I have read so far. It has everything a good book should have. 

Well maybe I should start from the beginning. It took a little while for me to get into the book, a lot because the way of ECOs way of writing and that he has a lot of terms in French and I dont speak French but after a while I got into it and into the story and the deeper I got in, the more I love it. The story is twisted and perpelx with views from 20 different person, or is it one? after reading the book I know :P 

The story has a lot of history in it and it is fun to read it and I checked up a few things in the book and it is correct even if it is a fictional book. The Prague Cemetery that the book is about do exist and I have visited it myself during this book to gain more knowledge and because I wanted to. I did that because I now live in Prague even if I hope we can move soon.

Well anyway. the story was a bit tough to get into but when I did I couldnt stop reading the book. I have read it very quickly and I am sad that it is gone now. The language is in English with phrases in French and even some Latin.  a few is translated but most isnt but for me this didnt desturbe the story. It made it deeper. I have a good knowledg of English but still I some trouble but that is because English isnt my native language. To read this book in English you need to have good knowledge in the Language otherwise I think it will to be advanced. but the use of the language makes the book even better.

If you want a book that has a great but slightly weird storyline, a lot of historical event, lauges and thirll, this is a book you should read. I can compleatly understand why this book is so loved and have won great rewards because this book is just really really good, both how it is written, language and the story. 

This is a well recommended book.


Buy the Book here

So now I will read something different, Think I will read a love story. have a few on my Kindle. I like the chance of what I read. :D stay tuned for more books and other stuff, Oh Im going back to work tomorrow so it will be less reading and writing and more work.

No comments:

Post a Comment