Thursday, 3 September 2015

A Reliant Love - Taylor Lavati (book review)

Last night I finished this amazing book and first i Thought that I would write a long good review straight away but then I decided to wait, to let the story sink in a bit because it really made me feel and think...

Get it as E-book here
Get it as paperback here

Story (From Amazon)
Nathalie Carter wants one thing: independence. She has paid her dues by living at home under her parents’ watchful eyes, earning grades to give her a ticket out and joining clubs she had no interest in to get into college. 

She plans to experience things she believes every new adult should—from falling in love to playing beer pong and pulling an all-nighter to skipping class because she’s too hungover. But nothing ever seems to go as planned, and she gets pulled into a world she never imagined existed. 

Samuel Torrington’s past refuses to release him from its vise-like grip; but he has a plan, and once his senior year of college is over, he can finally move away and start anew. His addictions help him get through day-to-day life, but he’s constantly battling darker demons. 

Fate brings the two together, and chance takes them on a roller coaster ride that neither would dare hop off. Within destiny’s grasp, they realize there are two things impossible to fight—addiction and attraction.

My Thoughts
First I must say that even if this book is a romance book this book contains so much more than just romance. It is a book about a hard life of school, adulthood, friends and drungs. We all have gone through most of these things so it makes it easier to understand and feel even if I hope that most people dont know so much about what Sam deals with, unfortunatly, in today more and more people get into drugs. I myself is a former drug addict and know how it is and what Sam feels and how his life is. I feel very connected to Sam and I do hate some of his decissions and his mood swings because they are out of place and that is not how to behave or treat anyone, but I know why he does it and that it is not HE who does most of the things, its the drugs.

I think Taylor Lavati shows a real world and try to show people that no matter how much someone wants something, if you have an addiciton, its always the addicction first and its always the addiction who talks. this is very sad but true and how it is shown in this book is very good.

Nathalie is for me very strange as a character because I have a bit of a hard time understanding her and YES I am jealous of her but after a while she is a character you grow fond of and feel for but for me it took a while.

I like that the book is written from both characters view, it takes the story one step further and you get a picture that would be hard to get with only one way of viewing. It also makes you get to know the characters in the book on a whole new level and feel their ups and down in a way you normally dont.

This book is also about romance and love and of course about sex and there is sex in it but not as much as you maybe have in many romance books. If you want to read just romance, with a lot of sex and less problem and drama, dont read this book. this book is more than that and deeper, and in my view better.

I love this book so much that I have placed an order for it as paperback too. I read it as e-book but still, I want it as paperback because it really is one of the best books I have ever been reading. I laughed, I kept my breath, I wanted to scream, and I cried, It made me feel everything a great book makes you feel.

This really is one of the books that you just have to read, Yes it is that good that I write that you have to read it.

Get it as E-book here
Get it as paperback here

No comments:

Post a Comment