Tuesday, 8 September 2015

Finding Sam - Taylor Lavati (book Review)

I did finish this book as few days agao but decided I needed time before I could wright a review of the book So here it is.

Buy the book as paperback here
Buy it as ebook here

Story
Sometimes, the past isn’t supposed to be forgotten. 

Sam is convinced he’s cursed. Everything he touches dies. He leaves his past behind and travels across the country, hoping the distance will save the loved ones he’s left. When his car breaks down, he becomes stranded, finding comfort in a stray dog. 

Despite the fact that he refuses to build any relationships, the people of Sterling, Colorado wiggle their way into his heart. His adopted dog, Lucky, shows him he can handle responsibility. His new boss, Lenny, shows him he has purpose. His neighbor, Izzy, shows him he’s capable of love again. But can Sam find happiness after he’s lost it all? 

Finding Sam, the sequel to the bestselling novel of addiction and attraction, A Reliant Love, is a tale of redemption, acceptance, and finding yourself.

My thoughts
The first book about Sam is A reliant Love and I so loved that boook and of course you have to read it first otherwise this book will not be as good.

The two books are very different from each other and even if we have Sam in both its two very different kinds of Sam in them. I dont know if I really like the turn Sam takes in this book. I dont like Sams behavior in the first one due to drugs and his addiction but a lot of what he did and said was due to the drugs. In this one he really dont have any excuse for treating people and himself the way he do... He goes from a kick ass person to a wimp. Yes I use the word Wimp because I feel like Sam is lost in himself and I dont think I see him finding himself in the book. I see him trying to be and forcing to be a person he is not but he want to be.

The story goes quick and is easy read in the first book but this is one is verx slow and not much really happens and I know a lot of people would not really enjoy that and I know a few people who would find it boring and stop reading. the story is slower but also there are so many feelings in Sam and he needs to work with them and we as readers get to see his struggle with it.

It may seem like I dont like this book but that is wrong. I really enjoyed this book and I do not regret buying or reading it, on the opposit. It gives dept to the story and it closes the story. A Reliant Love really dont have a closing that most people like or accept and that makes it almost nessesary for an author to wright a new book to close the story. I dont find this nessesary and would have been perfectly happy with the ending that where but I dont blame Taylor for writing this book.

This book is very different from the first one and I enjoy them both. Even if I enjoy them I still think A Reliant Love is the better of the two. Now I do recommend Finding Sam because it is a very good book that get you to know the struggle most people have when they find themselves off drugs and specially if they have the ending Sam had.

Read both the book, they are truly awesome even if they are very different.


Finding Sam
Buy the book as paperback here
Buy it as ebook here

A Reliant love
Buy the book as paperback here
Buy it as ebook here

No comments:

Post a Comment