Monday, 28 September 2015

Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets (book review)

I am a big Potterhead and I have to write reviews of the books but I will do them one at the time and when I feel like it so I will not do them all at once or in order if I dont feel like it. This one will be about Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Buy the book as paperback here
Buy it as ebook here

Story
The Dursleys were so mean that hideous that summer that all Harry Potter wanted was to get back to the Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry. But just as he's packing his bags, Harry receives a warning from a strange, impish creature named Dobby who says that if Harry Potter returns to Hogwarts, disaster will strike.

And strike it does. For in Harry's second year at Hogwarts, fresh torments and horrors arise, including an outrageously stuck-up new professor, Gilderoy Lockheart, a spirit named Moaning Myrtle who haunts the girls' bathroom, and the unwanted attentions of Ron Weasley's younger sister, Ginny.

But each of these seem minor annoyances when the real trouble begins, and someone--or something--starts turning Hogwarts students to stone. Could it be Draco Malfoy, a more poisonous rival than ever? Could it possibly be Hagrid, whose mysterious past is finally told? Or could it be the one everyone at Hogwarts most suspects...Harry Potter himself?

My Thoughts
I dont know how many times I have read this book by now and I must say that I deeply love it, like all the Harry Potte books. It is different from the first book because here Harry is more aware of what is going on around him and he is more grown up but still very childish. 

The story is good but from time to time a bit slow and can be boring. There are times where a lot of things not happen and it takes a lot of time for easy things to be clear for the characters. But if you think that they are only 12 this is still very special.

THe book is funny and nervthrilling at the same time and a very good book for younger children who fell in love with the first Harry Potter book. For adults it may be different and I think a lot of adults who read this for the first time, maybe not liking it as much. 

I love the use of english language and the way it is expressed in this book. It feels so genuine in so many ways and It give a depth in the book. I am in love with Harry Potter books and even if I love this one, its the one in the series I like the least.



            

No comments:

Post a Comment