Friday, 25 September 2015

Its Just a dog - Russ Ryan (book review)

This is a book about how it is to loose a dog, your best friend.

Buy it as ebook here
Buy it as paperback here

Story
This is the premise of IT’S JUST A DOG, a humorous, heartwarming new novel about love, pet loss, and one man’s ghost dog who rises up yapping from the grave as a talking dog.

Charlie Keefe is not just your typical dog lover –– he’s a world famous dog painter, a.k.a. “The Picasso of Pooch Portraits”. Unfortunately, Charlie’s beloved muse, Pete, his lovable Jack Russell terrier, has just died. And he’s totally grief-stricken by the loss of his furry best friend.

So, after months of suffering over his dearly departed soulmate and wondering if he ever made it toThe Rainbow Bridge, Charlie reluctantly agrees to foster a new puppy –– a cute Cavalier King Charles named Brownie from the local animal shelter. Soon after, Charlie is surprised to find himself falling head over heels with this new puppy girl, his ‘Rebound Dog’, as he calls her –– as well as being romantically attracted to Janelle Jordan, the head hound at the dog rescue.

But then complications arise when the ghost of his old dog, Pete, mysteriously reappears one night and comes back to haunt him and the new puppy –– setting off a bizarre chain of events that throw Charlie’s life, career, and entire belief system into chaos!
My Thoughts
This is a book for any dog lover out there but I can tell you, you will cry. The book is so filled with feeling. The book is well written and it is a book about how it is to loose, not just a dog but your best friend. Normally this is a book I would read in one go because it is so well written and I love and hate the story but I think I picked up a bad point in life to read it because I cried so much. its not long ago sens I lost my best friend, my soul mate, my everything so I know the feeling in this book and how hard it is.

Russ wasnt there when his beloved dog had to go over the rainbow bridge and nether where I with my dog and I think that made it worse. And I know I am not the only one crying when reading this book but even if I did cry. this is a book I can recommend because it is very good but do have a lot of tissue close to hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment