Saturday, 10 October 2015

Not-So-Blue Christmas - Bonnie Edwards (book review)

So while I was playing Heros of the Storm, which is a game I have started to LOVE, I read this book or short novel and thought I have to write a review about it.

Buy it as ebook here

Story
In this second chance at love romance, Kirk Fontaine can’t bear to talk to anyone, let alone enjoy Christmas. Away from home, in a small harbor city in Canada, broken-hearted, Kirk’s lost and alone until one small dog refuses to give up on him.

Vibrant widow Miranda Bailey is ready to move into the next phase of her life, except this Christmas is shaping up to be the worst since her husband’s death. But instead of hiding, she takes charge, and drags Kirk into her Christmas miracle.

My Thoughts
This is a very well written story and the storyline is very good but I got bored when I was reading it. I dont know but this story simply didnt catch me in like so many other stories like this I have read.

The story, enviornment and characters is very well created and feels natural and some how real but not as real and perfect as I would prefer. I dont know how to explain it but it feels a bit… to much… and to unreal… With everything…

The problem can be that I cant relate to the characters and I think when you cant relate to characters or the story you dont like it so much, I think a lot of people would love this story and appriciate it very much, I am unfortunatly not one of them. This is NOT a bad story at all, it is a good one but not one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment