Sunday, 18 October 2015

The Hobbit: There and Back Again (book review)

Sorry My dear readers that I havent been updating anything for a while. Life is just so hectic and I havent had time for much latly, not even reading. Work and moving takes energy. Well I finished one of my favoite books last night. The Hobbit.

Buy it as Paperback here
Buy it as hardback here
Buy it as ebook here

Story
Bilbo Baggins is a hobbit who enjoys a comfortable, unambitious life, rarely traveling any farther than his pantry or cellar. But his contentment is disturbed when the wizard Gandalf and a company of dwarves arrive on his doorstep one day to whisk him away on an adventure. They have launched a plot to raid the treasure hoard guarded by Smaug the Magnificent, a large and very dangerous dragon. Bilbo reluctantly joins their quest, unaware that on his journey to the Lonely Mountain he will encounter both a magic ring and a frightening creature known as Gollum

My thoughts
I dont even know where to start describing my thoughts  about this book because this is a true masterpiece in its own way. The story is very well written and there is a clear red thread in the story that leads the reader onwards but also to know the places and characters in the book in a good way. nothing is given freely for the reader and we get to know people, little by litte and the introcution to new characters is made when needed and nothing more.

I remember reading this book for the first time and I loved it and I must confess, this is the first time I read it in English and the language can sometimes be hard and confusing if you are not very well known of Englihs and Toliens way of writing and describing things.

This is an illustrated edition and the illustration isn the book is very nice and fits in the story but if you dont want to liik at them its no problem because there isnt a lot of them only a few.

I enjoyed this book as always and I really enjoy Tolkiens work. This is a masterpiece of its own. If you only have seen the movies I think the book will be a bit of a  disapointment because there is a lot of things that dont happen in the book and the book describe things in shorter way and way different than in the move. The book and the movies are very different so dont think its the same. Theb ook is a ture masterpeice and I know I will read it again and again no matter what. This is a book I recommened to a lot of people who wants to read good and well written fantasy. I would also say that this is a bit of history. Tolkien is, according to me, the creator of modern Fantasy and of course The Hobbit is one the the big stones in fantasy.

If you havent read it, I would say you have missed something very important and I would recommend everyone to read it.


         

No comments:

Post a Comment