Sunday, 10 January 2016

A Monster Call - Patrick Ness (book review)

Gor my hands on this book yesterday and finished it today. This will also be a move during 2016...

Buy it as paperback here

Story
At seven minutes past midnight, thirteen-year-old Conor wakes to find a monster outside his bedroom window. But it isn't the monster Conor's been expecting-- he's been expecting the one from his nightmare, the nightmare he's had nearly every night since his mother started her treatments. The monster in his backyard is different. It's ancient. And wild. And it wants something from Conor. Something terrible and dangerous. It wants the truth

From the final idea of award-winning author Siobhan Dowd-- whose premature death from cancer prevented her from writing it herself-- Patrick Ness has spun a haunting and darkly funny novel of mischief, loss, and monsters both real and imagined.

My Thoughts
I didnt have very high hopes for this book when I read about it but I still decided to give it a chance and that is nothing I regret. This book is so filled with feelings and I dont think it can leave anyone untouched.  There are parts where I laughed and also parts where I cried. 

The book has a very heavy subject and it deals with it in a very good and interesting way. If you are a a child in your early teens or even anyone who has to live with someone who is very ick, this book can give comforts and also show a way how to deal with things. 

This book is... something I cant even explain. I really love this book in a way that I cant describe. the subject and how it is written is just perfect. I also love the Brittish English that is used in this book and you can see you are in UK even if it is never said. If you are used to American English, this book may be weird or even hard to understand but I love that it has this charm to it and I had no problem with it.

I can really recommend this book. It is just awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment