Tuesday, 12 January 2016

the tales of Beedle the bard - J. K. Rowling (book review)

Need to write about a book I bought a while ago and decided to read now when I dont feel very well. Its "the tales of Beedle the bard" by J. K. Rowling. yes this is the book that they talk and read from in Harry Potter. The picture of the book is taken with a small part of my Harry Potter collection :)

Get it in hard cover here
Get it as ebook here

About
The Tales of Beedle the Bard is the volume of wizarding fairly tales left to Hermione Granger by Hogwarts Headmaster Albus Dumbledore in the seventh and final book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. The tales contained clues that were to prove crucial to Harry Potter's final mission to destroy Lord Voldemort, but only one of the five stories - The Tale of the Three Brothers - was recounted in theat book.

My Thoughts
Everyone who has read Harry Potter or has seen the movies has heard of this book. It is a book from the wizarding world with stories told to children, like muggle-borns Cinderella and so on. THe format of this book is cute and suites it puropes perfectly and inside it is short-ish stories witten in big letter with dubble space and pictures. This however do not not something bad, this is how it is supposed to be if you think of it as a childrens story book.

The stories is very different than what we normally is used to. in stead of having a a girl who is the victime and a prince who save her, we have strong females who dont wait around for a man to save them, with one expertation. This is something I enjoy a lot because I can see it make women and girls stronger and not waiting for a man to do everything for them. I enjoy the female characters so much and they are smart and funny.

The stories itself is very good written with a language who is fittet for young witches and wizards and it shows in the language that is used. For me as an adult, this dont matter because I know what I am reading, a childs story books. We also have comments from non other than Albus Dumbledore and this is very funny and shows how brilliant he it.

In this book is of  course the story of "the three brothers" a story I know by heart already before reading this book and it is good to have it in this book too. It made it feel complete and gave me what I wanted.

So do I like this book? No I love it. It is something that I think a lot of us Harry Potter fans have wanted. The stories from Beedle the Bard in a book that is fittet for young witches and wizards. J.K. Rowling gave us exactly what we needed and there is nothing bad to say about this book. I really enjoyed it and if I have children in the future, this is story I will read to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment