Friday, 22 January 2016

Roaring Hot! (Contemporary Romance): A Billionaire Biker Romance by Rachelle Ayala (book review)

I talked to Rachelle Ayala the other day about my obsession about Japan and Japanese people and she told me she had written a book where she used Japan and Japanese people. I was complaining their isnt enough asian people in romance. So she suggested this book and OMG it is pure awesome.

Buy it as ebook here
Buy it as paperback here

Story
Motorcycle racer Teo Alexiou is challenged by his grandmother to come to her birthday party with a real girlfriend. He has plenty of party girls, and he fears getting roped into marriage so he hires an actress to play the part. 

The last thing Amy Suzuki wants is to be a kept woman, but her student loans are piling up and acting gigs are nonexistent. She agrees to Teo’s proposal for one summer, limited to public displays of affection. 

When Teo and Amy find themselves caught in love’s grip, their new desires war with their fears. Teo wants to renegotiate, but Amy insists she’s only with him because she is paid. She would never lose her heart to a man who uses money to buy affection. 

Their game playing explodes when Teo is injured on the track. Teo needs Amy, but how can she be sure of her true feelings when she’s an actress who can portray any emotion on command? Was her role in the reality show skillful acting or true love?

My Thoughts
I just simply love this story. This is not the typical romance or love story and that is one thing I like. first you have Teo the billionare biker who dont fall in love and on the other hand you have Ami who is a new actress who wants to get a good movie part. Their first meeting is far from sweet and after that is is a mix between sweet and not sweet becaue both of them is playing a role and refuses to let their guard down.

The story is complex and at first its hard to know if you like a person or not, I liked Ami because she refused to do thing that was wrong for her even if I sometimes feels she was selling herself out. She is somewhat a strong woman who wants to make it right for herself.

Teo on the other hand is hard to warm up to but after a while, when his story unfoldes it is a lot more easier and he is a really good character that I really really like and feel sorry for.

I like that the author has done a lot of research about Japan and how people from their act and there are scense from Japan and they are very well written, even if their is one of two things that isnt 100 correct, but that is things you only know if you have been there. But otherwise very nice and I love the ending of this book. It is so super and sweet.

So I need to say something about Oba-chan, Teos grandmother, she is turning 80 and use a computer and internet very well. Maybe not so believable but I can see it happens, specially in her situation who son and grandchildren all over the world. I also loved her and how she treated Teo and wanted the best for him. I have a grandmother, who isnt 80 but old, and she knows how to use a computer and internet and such so I dont find it as wierd as some people might do. I think it is what you are used to and how the person acts in general. I can say that oba-chan dont act like 80!

I can recommend this book, it has a very nice storyline, that is complex and gives you laughter from time to time. It is a love story but not a typical love story and that is something I love with Rachelle Ayalas books, they are lovestories but with a very good story and very well written. and the story is almost always different from what other people write and that is something I enjoy a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment