Monday, 25 January 2016

Sullivan's Secret - Robin Murphy (Bookreview)

I got this book as an ARC for an honest review and started reading the book straight away.

Buy it as e-book here
Buy it as paperback here

Story
Dr. Marie Bartek’s life is perfect as the veterinarian on Sullivan’s Island, until her ability to see spirits returns after eighteen years. After confiding in her best friend and realizing their interests in the paranormal, they organize a paranormal investigation team called Sullivan’s Island Paranormal Society, SIPS.

Marie learns to channel her ability through the help of one of the team members, and learns that the spirits are trying to warn her about the murders taking place on Sullivan’s Island. Sullivan’s Secret captivates the reader with murder, suspense, and the world of the paranormal.

My Thoughts
This story is very good it is a very interesting way to write a criminal novel. I liked the mix between paranormal, the police work, friendship and love. It is all very nicely balanced and gives the book a great depth and the story just flows and catches you and drags you in it.

This is the first novel in the series and I cant wait to read the others and to get the know the characters bette and to get involved with them again. They are very well written and feels real and the mix of them is just pure perfection. You get a little bit of everything.

there are some things I do not like and that takes on star away and it that it sometime where a lot of repetition and after a while it felt more like filling for the book. also I dont know if it is just my version but the layout and words who wasnt written porperly made it sometimes difficult to read.

The thing I dont really enjoy, but is very common among crime novells is that there is a lot about the story and the murdered and then the finally is like 1-2 chapters and really short. I can understand that you cant make it as a movie and I dont want it to be but it makes it a bit like an antiklimax. And this book has it but I still enjoyed this ending more than some other crime novels I have been reading and that makes it good.

This book is brillian and I think this is a must read book and I will read the other in the series as soon as I can. I love how the story works and how much feelings we get. I also like the paranormal aspect of the book and like to see this in a crime novel.


Link to my reviews on Goodreads and amazon
Feel free to like and/or add me as friend (goodreads)

No comments:

Post a Comment