Sunday, 21 February 2016

Molly's Misadventures - D.E. Haggerty (book review)

I got this book for an honest review and I had really big hopes for it. It is a romantic comedie and normally they are really good and funny to read.

Story
I’m having the suckiest day ever. First, my father, aka Mr. Grumpy Pants, calls to say his nurse just walked out on him. Likely story. I rush home to pack, only to walk in on my husband getting it on with his younger, skanky secretary. Unfortunately, my quick weekend trip home to fix Dad’s problems turns into a stay of a few weeks. Luckily, I’ve got Danny, the neighbor boy I’ve had a crush on since I was a dorky, braces-wearing, nose-buried-in-a-book teenager, and a brand-spanking new blog to keep my mind off things. Before I know it, I’m writing product reviews of vibrators and getting questioned by a store rent-a-cop at the world’s worst date ever. All while trying to figure out how to take things with Danny to the next level. Not to complicate things or anything, but my boss decides to give me an ultimatum—come back in four weeks or don’t come back at all. How in the world did my life get so complicated?

My Thoughts
Reading romance comedies can be very funny and very relaxing and this book is very entrtaining. It has a good mix between romance and comedy so it dont get to be over the edge or to much like some books can be.

The story is okay, but I dont know, I couldnt really get into the story as I hoped I would. It was a good book and I liked it but I got bored becaue the story itself is not uniqe and it felt like I have read the book before even if I hadent. The book is well written and there is a clear storyline so it is easy to follow. I can see that a lot of people love this book and I can understand it even if it wasnt exactly what I wanted.

I like D.E. Haggertys way of writing and know I will read more from her. If you like romantic comedies and want a quick read, this is a book for you. I liked it but didnt love it but it is still readable and it did entertain me but not as much as I wanted or liked too.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to read & review Molly's book.

    ReplyDelete