Tuesday, 9 February 2016

No Going Back - Petie McCarty (book review)

I have not been active in a while now due to personal issues, like going on and off into hospital so I have mostly been reading and sleeping. Feeling better so I will try to update the reviews for the books I have read! First off is "No going back" by Petie McCarty. I got this book for an honest review.

Buy it as e-book here
Buy it as paperback here

Synposis
Kellen Brand's inheritance turns out to be a whopper -- one dilapidated farm in West Virginia and one guardian angel! Since Kellen is convinced no sane woman would choose to live in Riverside, she vows to sell her farm and quick. 

Her handsome and reclusive neighbor Luke Kenyon must block the farm sale or risk exposure of his family's secrets. While Kellen has located one potential buyer, she faces a town full of objectors. Someone is trying to frighten her off, and Luke is forced to step in and rescue her more than once. 

Unfortunately, Kellen can't seem to stay out of trouble. She stumbles onto a clandestine hazardous-waste-dumping operation next to her farm, and she prays Luke has one more rescue up his sleeve. It's her only hope of staying alive. 

Unless her mother really did leave her a guardian angel…

My Thoughts
At first I had a bit of trouble getting into the book but that may be due to me being sick but after a chapter or two the book became really interesting and charming and I couldnt put the book down. The story drags the reader in and it is a very nice mix between love, thought, and laughter. I did laugh a few times and it lightened up my day.

The characters and surroundings is very well developed and "real". Everything feels very real and you feel that is has gone a lot of thought and feeling to make everything so realistic and believable as it is. I really enjoy reading books where you are in the story and you are so into it and everything is so well developed that you think it is real and you are their. And this book really has that. It makes the book so much better and it is one of the really strong points of the book.

The language is very good and well used. I normally like to talk a little about how the language is used to drive the story because a book can be better or worse depending on the level the language is on and how the language is used. Petie uses a very good language and it helps drive the story and it is fitted for the book, the story and the time period , which I find very important. The language is of a good level so even a non English native speaker understands and picks up new things, I know because I am not a native English user. 

I really really enjoyed this book and give it top marks. It has everything a good book should have and it very well written with very well developed characters and places. it feels so read and I can so see myself going back and reread this story in the future, that is how good the book really is. So I can really recommend this book to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment