Wednesday, 24 February 2016

The Dean's List (The Dean's List #1) - Kelly Collins (book review)

I did read this book a while back and reread it last week because I got an ARC for book two “Honor Roll”... The review of that one will be uploaded later today.

Buy it as ebook here
Buy it as paperback here

Story
Twenty-five-year-old honors student, River Roberts, knew her life had to change. With only forty dollars to her name, she was hungry, tired, and out of options. While seeking advice from her best friend Jade, she found something that could provide all she was looking for. Sexy, witty, charming and motivated, she met the requirements for The Dean’s List, a university society that offered alumni anything they desired. It was the perfect job for her. 

But it came with a cost: secrets and loneliness. 

After the death of his wife, enigmatic Jonathan Ferris lived in a world of acquisition and mergers, a world where he knew financial security, a world filled with desolating loneliness. That was until River Roberts. She was intelligent, beautiful, sensual, and when their lives collided, his world changed. 

But then there was reality: she wasn’t truly his. 

In a world of commodities and trading, River and Jonathan must fight to preserve what their hearts desire. But will that be possible? Will their collision be temporary, or will they overcome the many obstacles in their way? 

This book it is a stand alone contemporary romance story about college romance. Older men and younger women. There are no cliffhangers just hot Alpha male millionaires and an intriguing love story. 
Due to content, this book is intended for 18+ readers.

My Thoughts
I did read this book a while back and reread it last week because I got an ARC for book two “Honor Roll”... The review of that one will be uploaded later today.

I can start with saying that this book is an “OMG I LOVED IT” book. The story is so well written and is easy to follow but it dont make the reader dumb with way to easy language like I can feel some books do. Here you have a great story that flows perfectly and that capture the reader and drags it in to the story and the characters of the book. I love the way how it is written and how the author Kelly Collins uses the language to drive the story and to give the reader the pleasure of the book, the environment and everything in it.

What I like about this book, is how Kelly Collins makes the characters so alive and so real. When I read this book, I am there, feeling, smelling, touching. There is no barrier between me and the characters in this book and I just love it.

One thing I must say about this book is that you havent read it before even if you have read similar books like this before, like I have. this book is different and that is what makes the book so strong. It has the edge and touch and the story to back everything up. Collins work with the story and put romance and sex in it and that is something I really really enjoys. This is a must read book and I can see myself rereading it again and again. This is not the first book I read of Collins, I read the short story “Cole for Christmas” and here are the link to that review. And I then fell in love with how this author is writing and how the story is driven and is the center of attention.

As I said before, in the beginning the review of the second book is on its way. So Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment