Tuesday, 9 February 2016

To dance again - Hebby Roman (book review)

Second Review for today is also a book I got for an honest review. Its "To dance again" by Hebby Roman.

Buy it as e-book here
Buy it as paperback here

Synposis
They say a woman never forgets her first love, and Maricel Cardona hasn't forgotten Ramón Morales. She remembers dancing all night in Ramón's arms to the sensual beat of their homeland, Puerto Rico. When her family forced her to move to the States, she didn't know she was carrying Ramón's child. 

A self-made multi-millionaire, Ramón hasn't forgotten Maricel and the passion he felt dancing with her. Now, at the pinnacle of his success, he's withdrawn from the world to safeguard his own secret. A secret that, if revealed, would change his life forever. 

Reunited after twenty-seven years, will the high school sweethearts get a second chance at love, or will their secrets tear them apart?

My Thoughts
This book was a really quick and enjoyable read for me. I finished it very quickly because I just didnt want to put it down when I was reading it. The story had a very nice flow in it because it was very well written with good, realistic characters and a good realstic enviornment. Of course the story is not without its drawbacks and intruiges but they are exected and was fitted perfectly into the story and gave the story a depth that was needed.

I like how the book is written and that you as a reader can connect with the characters and you end up rooting for them and want them to succeed. I did that and Ramon was one of the characters I really enjoyed in the book.

What I liked was how the surrounding where described, I could see the countryside, I could smell the food and almost taste it. I used all my senses when reading and I really enjoyed that depth that is so easy left out by so many authors today.

The story flows very well and as I said, this book is a bit of a quick read but it is nothing bad with that. I really enjoyed the book and how it was written and how the story went forward by itself without feeling forced.

I can recommend this book because it is a very nice written book with a very interesting story with a good flow. I will give the book 4/5 starts. it looses one star because even if it is really well written and has a good story, it left me with a feeling of wanting more and not being completly saticfied. there are more to do with the story and to make it a little deeper and less air-hearted but all in all a very good story.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Panda-chan, Thank you for such a lovely review of my book. I appreciate your insight and being drawn in to "root for" characters. I'm glad you enjoyed the exotic setting and felt that I described it well, too. I really appreciate your comments and thoughtful review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also wanted to thank Angelica for hosting my book on your blogsite. I so appreciate your assistance and support!

    ReplyDelete