Thursday, 11 February 2016

Wingless - Taylor Lavati (book review)

So I finished this book last night and I am so inlove with it and it was really hard for me to write a review of it. Some books just leave you with a warm feeling of love and you dont know how to put your thoughts and feelings into words. But I did my best and here is my review of this awesome book. Taylor Lavati is so one of my favorite authors.

Buy it as e-book here
Buy it as paperback here

Synopsis
When Annie’s wings failed to form on her sixteenth birthday, she was banished to Earth, a life-altering reality that forced her to adapt to a new race, new world, and new challenges. Armed with little knowledge, Annie descends to her new home and learns of other half-angels, those who pull her into a world of demon-fighting chaos. 

As an Archer, Micha watches over Earth from the Veil. Sent to help Annie adjust, he finds himself drawn to her long after his orders have dissipated, and when her ruthless demon-killing ways reach an extremity he can’t ignore, he finds himself questioning the very core of his upbringing: will he turn his back on the angels and save Annie, or will he remain hidden within the shadows and watch her die?

My thoughts
So I dont even know where to start about this book because it did leave a deep impression of me. I finished this book last night and it was a pretty quick read but it was an awesome read. It easy drags the reader into the story and the worlds we get to see. but even if there is a few places, Upper veil, earth and lower veil it is easy to follow and the worlds are nicely described so you never gets confussed.

Annie wasnt a person I liked at first, she is young, almost 16, and she acts like it. She is a typical unsympathetic teenager but after everything that happens, she changes and my thoughts and feelings for her changes too. I start to like and enjoy reading about her and her new life. Sometimes she is still navie and dont listen to her feelings and what she has learned but then again she is still just 16 and I dont think any of us was better in that age.

Annie talks a lot about “Micha” and for me it was just a normal angel and then we get to know its Michale, and felt really really stupid who didnt connect Micha with Michael. But this also makes the book very interesting and makes the book full so surprises both good once and bad once.

This is a book for young teenagers and you can see it in language and how it is written, there are places where I feel that the book is “thin” like,there could have been more but I am an adult and for a teenager this book will be perfect. I dont think they would find places thin as I do but I am also used to read “heavy” fantasy books. That the book has places where I want more, will not do anything with the overall “grade” of the book because I really enjoyed it and want to read the second book that Taylor is working on. So this is the first awesome book in a very promissing series.

This is a must read book, specially for younger teenagers but also for adults. it is beautiful and really interesting. It keeps you captured from the first to the last page.

No comments:

Post a Comment