Monday, 14 March 2016

Bad Boys for Hire: Ken (Bad Boys for Hire Series, #2) - Rachelle Ayala (book review)

This is a new book that I got the chance to beta read. It will be relised as a shorter novel in  Summer Heat box and a longer version in June. It is the second book in the Bad Boys for Hire series by the awesome Rachelle Ayala.

Story
After Jolie Becker is left at the altar, her friends secretly hire a handsome beach bum to cheer her up.

When an accident ends his professional surfing career, Ken Cassidy wants nothing more than to land an acting role. Little does he know, his best acting job will be helping a jilted bride get her confidence back.

Everything changes when love kicks in. Will Jolie believe Ken’s feelings are real when she discovers he's the hired help?

My Thoughts

This story is so different from the first book, it is steady and romantic and full of wonders and even if things are going on, it is not as full of action as the first one. Does this make the book bad? Of curse not, that its different dont make it bad, it gives it another depth and this story is different and should be different because it has different characters. Jolie is a different person with a different life and I love how OCD she is and how it effects the entire book. It made me laught and also how Ken treats her and wants her to make her happy made my heart melt.

This is a very sweet love story that takes place in Hawaii, at least most of it, and even if it is the typical honeymoon Hawaii, it is perfect for the book and story and is, as I think, it should be. The settings and how they all act is just perfect and the slow and steady phase made me get to know the characters, feel for them and bond with them in a different way then with the characters in the previous book.

I love this story and I can really recommend it, I know that both the shorter version and the longer print version will be awesome and I really recommend people do buy it and read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment