Friday, 4 March 2016

The Bridges Before Us: (Fix It or Get Out Book 3) - Christine Ardigo (book review)

Time to reviwe the last installment in this amaying series and it is with sorrow and pain I do it because the series reallz spoke to me and touched me.

Story
Stifled by her narcissistic mother, twenty-four-year-old Samantha Hart is tired of putting her life on hold. Determined to find her own happiness, she volunteers within the community. Who’d ever guess her good deeds would land her in trouble? Frustrated and at a loss, Samantha decides a walk on the wild side might do her some good. 

Intrigued by the scandalous lifestyle of her dynamic coworker Cara, Samantha attempts to transform herself into Cara’s sinful image. But, as she finds her new path meaningless and hollow, she looks for someone with better judgment to steer her in the right direction, and it’s someone she least expects. Can Samantha trust a man who hates everything about her, or does he see beneath the bad girl fa├žade? 

A romance like no other, The Bridges Before Us, teaches us to love ourselves, embrace who we are, and never change for the sake of pleasing others.

My Thoughts
This book is as amazing as the two before them and it captured me just as quick as the other two books this. The story is really well developed and felt really real and it was easy to follow. The mix between love, pain and being a strong women is just the perfect combination. The language drives the story forward and drags the reader in, with the story. Just as the two book before this one is funny and sad and strong and everything at once without being to little or to much. The balance is really good and you are on a emotional roller coaster during the read but I dont want it in any other way.

I am happy I found this series and this book is a little bit of my favorite in the series even if I love all 3 of them. The story is in many ways unique but also well known. The reader get to experience new things, feel and question its own believes just like I think all good books do. And just like after reading a really good book, I got the feeling of "what shall I do with my life now" when i had finished this series. I didnt know what to feel or think and I couldnt pick up another book becaues this books made me think and still makes me think. I go back and think about situations in the books and in this book and wonder if I have everything figured out in my life or if I can learn something from this books, and now we are talking fiction and not "help yourself books" even if I sort off feel that this book is good for you and for your soul.

So obviously I cant do anything other than give all three books top reviews and 5 starts but sometimes I wish I could give more because some other 5 star books feels weak compared to this series. I read them as e-book and now I have to save money so I can buy them as paperbacks because they are really awesome and I can see myself going back and reread them more than once so I want them as paperback so I can see them and love them all the time. I read the entire series in one day, it really captured me and I think more readers will feel the same so pick them up and read them. This last one can be read as a stand alone just as the second one even if they are in a series. I often say that people should read a book but this is not a "should read book" or "put on my to read list" this is a book and series you should read NOW because it is one of the best conteperary, romance, funny, sad, books and series I have read in a very long time.

1 comment:

  1. YOu are amazing. Thank you again for these kind words. I wish i can find more readers like you, that can relate to my books. I always say: I just want someone to FEEL something after reading my books.

    ReplyDelete