Tuesday, 15 March 2016

The Subtle Knife (His Dark Materials #2) - Philip Pullman (book review)

So the second book review for the day. I am surprised I am writing this one because I have done so much work but I want to write this before I start with the third book in the series. I have choosen to write this review WITHOUT spoilers. I have on goodread my review where you can read the review with and without spoilers so feel free to do so. Here is the LINK to the review on Goodreads

Story
In this stunning sequel to The Golden Compass, the intrepid Lyra finds herself in a shimmering, haunted otherworld—Cittagazze, where soul-eating Specters stalk the streets and wingbeats of distant angels sound against the sky. But she is not without allies: twelve-year-old Will Parry, fleeing for his life after taking another's, has also stumbled into this strange new realm.

On a perilous journey from world to world, Lyra and Will uncover a deadly secret: an object of extraordinary and devastating power. And with every step, they move closer to an even greater threat--and the shattering truth of their own destiny.

My Thoughts
This is the second book in the series and it is very different from the first part. Here we get to follow different characters from the first book and meet some new and this is something I like because they are all important to the story and you get to know them better.

This book is really full of surprises which I found very funny and it gave depth to the story. The new characters is ver nicely written and fits the story perfectly. I love how things change and how we as readers change out minds and point of view while reading this book.

I HATE Philip Pullman for making me cry and cry. I was so heartbroken but still, book that makes you feel is good for you even if crying isnt always what you want to do.

The book is written in the same great way as the first one and is a really good young adult fantasy book and I am so inlove with the series.

After reading this book I cant wait to start with the third book. I just hope work let me because I want to know how it goes for Lyra and all the others. I also hope and wish we get to meet Iorek again.

No comments:

Post a Comment