Monday, 25 April 2016

Corralling Kenzie (The Winters Sisters #4) - Joanne Jaytanie (book review)

I got this book for an honest review

Story
Will Kenzie ever find peace and security inside the corrals of her ranch again?

Kenzie Vaughn is lucky to have a big-city, big-paycheck position. But her great job serves as nothing more than the path to her dream: a horse boarding and training ranch outside the big city. Kenzie is a horsewoman who loves Dobermans and peaceful country living. Now she’s found the perfect ranch, right next door to a lovely campus that houses the Winters Corporation. Her luck is holding, for the Corporation is run by the Winters’ sisters, wonderful women who could easily grow to become great friends.

One night her peace was shattered by a gunshot that wounded her horse, Boone. Good thing for Kenzie, Victory Winters is a veterinarian. Still the gunshot was no accident, and Kenzie’s past and the Winters’ present are dangerously intertwined. Kenzie is sucked into a vortex of rogue scientists who only want her for her DNA. Fortunately, the Winters Corporation can help. Even better, a Special Ops team member, Logan Mendoza, is assigned to watch her ranch. He isn’t interested in Kenzie’s DNA; he wants her for much more. Logan takes Kenzie’s personal security personally.

Will corralling Kenzie become Logan’s full-time mission?

My Thoughts
This book is, I dont know it gives me mixed feelings. Some parts of me just really enjoys the book and other parts of me is like “meh”. The story is very interesting and well written. But it feels like something is missing but I cant really say what it is.
The cover is beautiful and do represent the story in some aspect but not in others. This story is a bit different, but that is in a good way. I enjoyed it but I think that due to everything going on around me made me not really appriciate this book as much as I had hoped. The book was a quick easy read. I wish I could tell what I feel is missing but when I dont know myself its hard. I just know I got the feeling that something was missing.

I would recommend for others to read this book because it isnt a bad book or a badly written story, it is just not a book that cought me which is strange due to my love of dogs and animals. The book is worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment