Tuesday, 16 August 2016

Christmas Lovebirds: The Hart Family (Have a Hart) (Volume 1) - Rachelle Ayala (book review)

Third book review for the day is Christmas book called "Christmas Lovebirds"

Story
If you love sweet romances (PG-rating), look no further than Rachelle Ayala's Have a Hart series. The Harts are a family of San Francisco firefighters. Their family motto is: Heart comes first.

Melisa Hart has a soft spot for her brother Connor's ex-best buddy, Rob Reed. Unfortunately, Rob slept with Connor's girlfriend and is no longer welcome with any of the Harts.

Melisa lends her pet lovebird for a Christmas Toy Drive, but a mix-up brings her face to face with Rob and his lovebird. Melisa is drawn into a whirlwind romance with Rob and discovers he hasn't told her the entire story.

Can two little lovebirds and Christmas cheer open Melisa's heart to giving Rob another chance?

My Thoughts
People who say you cant read Christmas books in the middle of the summer dont know me. I dont know if this is the forth or fifth christmas book I have been reading so far this summer. When it comes to Christmas book there is a lot of good and bad stuff going on but I found this story very sweet and heartwarming. I have read the second and third book before reading this and it answered a few questions I had of what had been going on before. This is a stand alone book but can of course also be read in the series with the other books.

What I like in this story is that Rachelle Ayala has taken love and mixed it with both animals and Christmas and she does it in a really good way. The title is also very great and has dubble meaning because the animal in this book is a bird. I do not like birds, I am afriad of birds but I do understand how people can love them and keep them as pets. So for that aspect it wasnt hard to picture the story but I did have trouble due to me being afraid of birds.

Even so, the book is not just about birds, it is also about love and Christmas and how hard and easy things can be at the same time. I really enjoyed the story and reading how a bird, and in this case, a bird on the run, can get two people together and realize they are meant to be together.

Rachelle Ayala show her brilliance when it comes to wrighting and this is a perfect sweet story you cant help but to love. A very well balanced and well written story that I will enjoy reading over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment