Friday, 9 September 2016

Midnight Star (Vampire Girl #2) - Karpov Kinrade (book review)

A while ago, think it was in the spring, did I read Vampire Girl, which is the first book in a serie and this review will be about the second book in the series.

Story

I was an ordinary girl, living an ordinary life, until I sold my soul to save my mother. Now, I am forced to choose between my heart and my conscience. 
Either way, someone I love will die.

My Thoughts
I really loved Vampire girl and couldnt help but to continue the story and to know what is gonna happened with Ari, Fen and all the other characters in the book. I must say that I am a little disappointed. This book is not as awesome as the first one but it is still a good books.

So what takes it down? There is so much going on and so many loose threads that is left hanging and things that dont really make much sense. Some may be on purpous but I think some isnt. There is also grammatical errors and lot of spelling errors. When reading I got bored and when I, who isnt English, finds the grammatical errors and spelling errors natives must find them to. It feels like this book is put out to quickly and that it should have gone, at least one more time, with proofreaders to make sure the errors get to be less than it is.

So story wise... I dont know BUT I found big parts of this book extremely boring and just wanted them to end. Maybe they are put in there to describe and give filling for the story but I dont found that. This book is really slow and dont have the same feeling as the first book. I dont say I dont like the book because it is interesting with some really awesome twists but that do not make up for it.

I think this book has potential but the problem with it is that it came out to quickly and never got that quality control and fixed the errors that is there. If the authors, who I really love, would have put more time into it, to change the errors, maybe put it down and looked at it again a few weeks later with fresh eye, would see that some part simply dont work. I will read the third book in the series when it comes out but if it continue like this one, it will not be a series I will continue with. I hope the quality goes up and we get the same awesomeness as in Vampire girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment