Monday, 21 November 2016

World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1 - Entertainment, Blizzard (Book review)

Continuing the road down the World of Warcraft heaven? Well you have to and I think this will be the last World of Warcraft review this year, cannot simply justify to buy any book at the moment! but next year and hopefully for christmas :)

Story
World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1 is a journey through an age of myth and legend, a time long before the Horde and the Alliance came to be. This definitive tome of Warcraft history reveals untold stories about the birth of the cosmos, the rise of ancient empires, and the forces that shaped the world of Azeroth and its people.


This beautiful hardcover features twenty-five full-page paintings by World of Warcraft artist Peter Lee, as well as a cosmology chart, half a dozen maps charting changes through time, and other line art illustrations by Joseph Lacroix, and marks the first in a multipart series exploring the Warcraft universe; from the distant past to the modern era.

My Thoughts
I finally have read this book which I must say is very internering. It is not a book or novel but more of a dictionary that describe the happening from the beginning until where the movie is to take place, when the dark portal opens. This is short-ish descriptions over the biggest events that formed the continent and the races we today see in the movie Warcraft, in the novels and games on the market. This is not deep lore but more a light version to get an insight of what has going on. I like that even if a lot of it was already known to me. A person who is new to the world will have more use of this book than I did but I still did enjoy it.

I think it is good that Blizzard now put out this chronicle series and explain the lore and not just what fans has put together. Really informative and I like that it is written in shorter parts and that it is kept short and simple. If you want to know more there is plenty of novels and games to read and play. This is just giving a brief overlook on the subject.

I have already pre-ordered part two and hope it will be equally god as this one.



No comments:

Post a Comment