Saturday, 3 December 2016

A Veteran's Christmas Book 1: A father for christmas - Rachelle Ayala (book review)

So tonight I am gonna post two reviews. It will be the first 1 and 3 part in a series. I have posted the second part in the series before last year. If you want to read the review of the second part, you will find it here I don't really know why I never uploaded the review of the first part but here it is..

Story
Single mother Kelly Kennedy can't afford lavish gifts for her four-year-old daughter, Bree. Homeless veteran Tyler Manning doesn't believe he deserves a Merry Christmas.

When Bree asks Santa for a father and picks Tyler, both Tyler and Kelly vow to keep Bree from being hurt while fighting their feelings for each other.

Tyler struggles with frightening flashbacks that scare Kelly. Meanwhile, Kelly's criminal past threatens her chance for happiness. Tyler and Kelly must believe in the power of love to give Bree her best Christmas ever.

My Thoughts

I read this book already last year and I have no idea why I didnt wright a review then but time to do it now instead. This was the second book I read by Rachelle and by now I was in love with her writing, which I still am.

This book is now a book I like to re-read every year, even if this is only the second year and that is because it is so sweet and loving and it has Bree. Bree is one of the most awesome characters ever created. She is so sweet and stunning and loving. I love her attitude and in this book all she wants is a father.

There is so much going on in this book and so much thoughts and feelings that drags the reader in and capture them. This book has so many dimensions and I found new things this time around that I didnt even think about the first time I read it. What I love with this book is that is had a wonderful Christmas feeling and spirit and give that to the reader. The problems add to the fun and to the depth and it is not possible not to fall for this book. I am now reading the third book in the series and all three of them is gems and wonderful. This is a perfect start for a series but also a book that can be read as a stand alone.

I so love this book! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment