Friday, 7 July 2017

Loving Cara (Love Under the Big Sky, #1) - Kristen Proby (book review)

I felt like reading some nice romance and a friend recommended "Love Cara". I decided to give it a go and that is something I do not regret.  I love this story so much I bought it and the two other in the series as paperbacks. Hopefully Amazon will deliver soon!

Buy links
Get it as paperback here
Get it as e-book here
Get it as audio-book here

Story
Josh King is an expert at running his family’s multi-million dollar ranch in Montana. (And all that outside manual labor has done wonders for sculpting his six-foot-three body, too.) But as sure footed as he is when it comes to the ranch, Josh doesn’t know anything about how to deal with an adolescent boy—so when his twelve-year-old nephew, Seth, is dropped off on his doorstep, looking scared and acting surly as hell, Josh knows he needs help in straightening him out.

Cara Donovan loves her quiet life as a teacher in her sleepy hometown, so she jumps at the chance to make a little money over the summer as a tutor. But when she learns she’ll be teaching Josh King’s nephew, Cara’s sweet summer job gets a little bit hotter. Cara tries to focus all her attention on tutoring Seth, but Josh proves to be a delicious distraction, while Josh’s memories of the shy girl he once teased in high school are nothing like the beautiful woman he’s facing now. Can he persuade her that there’s more between them than a summer fling?

My Thoughts
I felt like reading some nice romance and a friend recommended "Love Cara". I decided to give it a go and that is something I do not regret. I must say that this book is a +18 book because it is steamy when it comes to the sex and it is a lot of it and the word use makes it a +18 book. I dont mind that at all. I more mind when authors try to talk around the subject and  destroy the moment. 

I have read a lot of romance books that lacks a proper story and in this case there is a very good story and a very deep story that also have well developed characters. When I saw the cover I thought it was gonna be a normal cowboy story but I was wrong. Yes there is a farm, a cowboy and horses involved but that is just the setting. It is therefor a very nice story in a very nice environment that changes and feels real. 

I love Cara as a person and I can see myself in her in so many ways. She is strong but also doubt herself because she isnt the typical heroin that is thin and slim. Yay a heroin that is normal looking and that we can relate to in more ways than one .


If you like steamy romance book with sex scenes that actually spell out the words and still want a great story then Loving Cara is the book for you. It is a really good romance book!

No comments:

Post a Comment